Wednesday, October 27, 2010

groundedness

Wednesday evening, and I have just returned from a very grounding yoga class. It was just what I needed after two days of parent teacher interviews, which can be very challenging.  Yoga has been an amazing healer and I feel great after stretching out my body.  I did a handstand tonight, and trusted my own strength.  With every pose I do,  I have been allowing myself to be strong, to breathe through the stretch, and to allow my power to shine through each pose.  As much as my body needs the power,  my soul needs the peace and the "yin" that comes at the end of the hour and a half.  Lying in shivasana,  my mind always comes back to Luka.  Her tiny nose, her little lips, her gentle cry, and her soft skin on mine.  The dim lights and the quiet music remind me of her last moments in this world, and I think about what is it like to die? I allow myself to feel the stillness of the room, the collective breath, the thoughts and energy of everyone circulating around me, and I embrace the moment.  And I allow the emotion to flow. Across the room, I can feel Michael's energy, and I know intuitively that he is also remembering Luka and opening himself to the emotion.  Feeling it, and then letting it go.  When I stood up from my mat and felt the floor beneath my feet,  I felt grounded.  Connected to something I cannot define or explain.  I am slowly healing my body and soul.  Thank you Luka, for giving me the strength I did not know I had, and opening my heart in ways I could have never imagined.

No comments:

Post a Comment