Tuesday, October 5, 2010

pregnant people everywhere

It's a glorious fall day, and I just returned from a walk with Michael, my husband, and Sassy, the neighbour's dog.  I used to walk with Sassy in my last month of pregnancy, and I wish that she was able to meet Luka.  I'm constantly thinking of being pregnant again. I loved being round and feeling life grow inside me. There are so many people I know who are pregnant or about to have a baby, and I love them all and can't wait to meet their little ones. But I must admit it is still hard to see their anticipation and the excitement they exude over new life.  I can't wait to feel that way again.  I am that person who desperately wants to have a child.  It's strange how life just goes on.  I'm blessed with a great class this year, and I feel happy to be at school.  But as soon as I step into the car and begin the drive up the mountain, I start to feel such mixed emotions.  Sad about the loss of Luka, the excitement of potentially getting pregnant again, and then the frustration that I have to wait. Walking helps. The fresh air, the crunch of the leaves, and the fall light. Reminding me of the ever changing cycle of life.

1 comment:

  1. Wendy, you are handling all this with such wisdom and genlteness. I think your blog is a great idea. Thank you for letting us into your story. It seems like a great way to heal. Much love.

    Monté

    ReplyDelete